Thursday, October 20, 2011

Geek Out

Last week,  Kolby and I went on one of the best dates that I think I have ever had. We went to the Lord of the Rings in Concert! If you didn't know, Kolby and I love the movies, and the books. For his 22nd birthday, we spent it eating fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, in our PJ's, watching the movies. Also, I had got him the books one year as a gift too.  So naturally, when we heard this was coming, we wanted to go. I told him about it and he just gave me his card so I could buy them right away. We ended up getting AMAZING seats. Row 3 off to the right a bit from the middle. I'm glad we were not in the very middle cause the conductor would have been blocking us a bit.

So if you are wondering how the show works, (we had no idea until after we got there) it works like this. They play the whole movie with subtitles, but instead of the movie having music playing like it would at the theater, it has a live orchestra and choir to play/sing that part. The actors voices are still there, just the soundtrack is live. Here is a short video to help explain. This video also shows a bit of the amazing soloist Kaitlyn Lusk.

Kolby played the violin growing up, and I sang my whole life, so this was so much fun for us to bond over. We ate dinner and had coffee before the show, then we grabbed a drink after.  I'll tell you what, we can't wait for it to come with the second movie next year.  If you get a chance, go. It wont disappoint.

When we were walking down to our seats

From our seats

Life size Uruk-hai from the film. Much bigger than it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment