On the 21st of this month it was my Mothers Birthday! Her and I went to downtown Glendale and had a date at a little tea house and then looked at antiques and did a bit of shopping. It was so nice just to have a mother/daughter date. I think I need to plan some more very, very soon. Of course, I forgot to take ANY pictures but I do have some cute ones of my Mom that I want to post anyways. Shes a wonderful person, mother, grandmother, wife and friend. I love you Mommy! Happy Birthday!!!
Always so Beautiful
Being a great Grandmother
Joking around with my Dad
Last Sunday was Easter and I spent it with my family by the pool at my parents house. It was so nice to see everyone. (I'll need to get some photos from my dad.) It was also nice to lay in the sun. It was a beautiful day for a family day.
My good friend Tia and I had a date night last week too. We went to Yardhouse and split that amazing grilled cheese and then since we were at Westgate, we stopped by the Irish pub for a drink. We ended up in the corner of the place watching this very silly dancer guy. I feel bad saying that but seriously, if you could see how this guy was getting down... Priceless. He was, no joke, pretending to bite his dance partners knees and such. So weird!
Horrible picture quality, but it was so dark in there is was the best I got.
That is all for now I guess. I'll be posting more I hope soon. Kolby has been playing this PC game and I can never get on anymore! Since hes at work, I get to blog and surf away. Hopefully, I'll get my laptop soon, and then I wont have to push him off if I want on.
1. My favorite daily responsibility is, Feeding my cats. They are always up, walking and chatting to me everywhere I go until I get to the laundry room to open up the grub.
2. My least favorite daily responsibility is, Cleaning up before I go to bed. I like to wake up to a clean house so I try to get it done after work. Sometimes, it doesn't go so well.
3. My favorite cuisine to eat when going out is Probably pasta or salad.
4. My favorite cuisine to prepare at home is something new. I have been expanding my cooking skills lately and its been turning out really yummy. The other day, I made jumbo shells stuffed with ricotta cheese, mushrooms, and spinach topped with pasta sauce.
5. Andy Warhol said that everyone is famous for 15 minutes. My claim to fame is Being a state champ! when I was a sophomore, My choir won state and that was so amazing. I knew that It was going to be my last year in Oregon and I was glad to walk away with that under my belt.
6. If I could have 3 wishes I would wish To have everyone I love be taking care of, to be able to learn new things (languages, crafts, math, ect..) VERY fast, and to travel wherever, whenever.
7. My biggest pet peeve is when people don't listen.
Now that summer is coming, I know that I need a new swimsuit. I always seem to get a black suit and this year I think I might spice it up a little. I have been looking around but I haven't found one yet so today I looked for some inspiration online.
I really like this yellow one. Its from anthropologie. I like the texture of it and love the crossing back. Just don't know if I would want the tan lines :)
This is also from anthro and once I saw it I though it was super cute! Its defiantly not black and I think I might have to head to the store to try this bad boy on. I hope it fits well.
This (and the next) is from victorias secret. Its more like the other suites that I have had in the past but the pops of color on this are perfect for summer. Its also tons cheaper that the other two at anthro. Worth checking out in my opinion.
I love how this suite captures some pinup flair without being so high on the hips. I love the look of older suites but like I said, not a huge fan of the tan lines.
I'm still on the hunt, but I think I like the bandeau top for right now. I'll see when the time comes to try things on.
Though today has been a nice day (even a bit cold at 65ish. Haha AZ has made me a weather baby.) I wanted to make a rare mention on rain the the valley! Yesterday it rained all day and I loved it. Its been awhile since I walked about in the rain and I wished I still had wellies in my car. Here is to the love of gray days.
I have never been a neat freak. I'll admit that I can get a bit OCD every now again, but I hate doing some very necessary things for my apartment.. (Such as, cleaning the shower, hanging up clothes, organizing storage areas...) I told myself, that today is a cleaning day. At least one major thing needed to be done in each room and I've been tackling them. So, because I'm in cleaning mode, I wanted to post up some of my favorite cleaning products. Products that make my lack of enjoyment a little bit better.
This Product is amazing. It's from the company Biokleen and you can get it at health food stores. Its perfect for getting out stains in your carpet or laundry. It also is an odor remover. So it gets out the stank out of the garbage can, litter box, diaper pail and so on.
Attitude's products are great. The window cleaner is the best I've used. The all purpose cleaning is tough without making your home smell all producty like I have noticed from other cleaners.
Oh Method. I think this is one of my all time favorite cleaning companies. I have liked everything that I have used by them and am trying new ones out all the time. This is a few of the product I'm currently using at my home.
I absolutely love the laundry detergent. It smells great and its super concentrated so you only use a few pumps (yeah, it pumps so no more lids, measuring or, sticky fingers.) 4 pumps and your good.
Also, the toilet cleaner is awesome. I honestly don't even mind cleaning it anymore. The eucalyptus mint smell is to die for. I want to buy more of the bathroom products because the smell is so great.
I use Twists euro sponge and micro fiber cloths instead of paper towels when I'm cleaning. These cloths go above and beyond what a paper towel can. The are lint free, tough on dirt (and that ring that I get on my mugs when I leave coffee or tea in them.) Also the packaging doubles as a craft. The cardboard sleeve had a cutout so you can make a bird feeder. Maybe I'll give it a try.
As you can see, all of these products are earth, human, and pet friendly. I used to wear gloves and an apron when cleaning because I didn't want to bleach my clothes or dry out my skin. ( and if you didn't know, industial oven cleaner can take your finger nails off. I'm not even kidding.) Now, I can clean just about everything knowing that I'm not hurting anything. Win win in my book.
Its Friday and I'm filling in blanks. What are you doing?
1. Something that makes me a great friend is, that I am a compassionate person. I always have a ready ear and I feel like I can give good advice in most situations.
2. I am a home body. I can't remember the last time I went out for drinks or dancing. I am the lamest 21 year old around.
3. I am not ready for another Arizona summer.
4. If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be easy, lucky, free. Just kidding. I couldn't help myself. (Bright eyes made me do it.) I would say... eccentric, independent and loving.
5. Something I'm really cheap about is pens. I'm a server so I go threw them like crazy. I don't even think about buying 'nice' ones because they are going to run out, get stolen, or lost in a matter of days, or even hours.
6. Something I'm willing to splurge on is food. I have been a vegetarian for the past 6 years and I know the importance of eating right. So I don't mind spending a bit more on something that I know is good for me and anyone I'm feeding.
7. I would trade my old computer for a macbook in a heartbeat. (Hopefully I'll have by the time I get back from Oregon in May)
Have A wonderful Friday, and weekend everyone. I'll be posting sometime this weekend. I have a spring cleaning idea.
Okay, so I know I said that I was going to post on Friday. As you know, its Sunday and I didn't. I do have a good reason (sorta...) Kolby and I got a new computer and he has been setting it up and spending time on it. I'm not about to push him off of it when he just got it all set up.
Some good news is that its my cat Arienette's Birthday! Well, its her adoption day since I don't know when she was born but anyways, Shes three. Arie was around one when we got her so its been two years today since we took her in. And in two months, its Elle's birthday. I'm thinking about having a combo birthday for them. How cute would a little tea party be! ( Super Crazy I know but a girl can dream right?) I took some glamor shots of her today. Here's to turning three!
I would really like to post some more but I have to be at work at 5:20 am so its another long 14 hour day for me. I'm not looking forward to it but I need the money if I'm going to take some well needed time off this summer.