Sunday, September 18, 2011

Whistling


Just about everyone right now is singing Foster and the Peoples "Pumped up Kicks" and rightfully so,  its a great song. Actually the whole album is amazing. I really enjoy it and can't wait to see how they progress as a band, but thats not what I came to write about today. I came to write about whistling.

Whistling? yes, whistling. I have noticed how many songs that I love have a great whistle in it, and I wanted to share a few with you.

So obviously, there is Foster and the People "Pumped up Kicks"

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros with "Home"

The Black Keys with "Tighten Up"

Peter, Bjorn & John's  "Young Folks"

Basically if you listen to Andrew Bird you will be a whistling all the time. ex-"Oh No"

And last but certainly not least, Otis Redding with "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" I figured you can't even talk about songs with a whistle without adding him to the list.

I know there are a ton more but these were just from the top of my head. What songs get you whistling?


No comments:

Post a Comment