Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One For One

Today I was looking at my shoes while I was slipping them on to drive Kolby to work and noticed that my flats are looking a little more than haggard. So instead of buying fifteen dollar ones at Target or something, I figured Id spend a little more to get some quality. I thought of Toms because they have their One for One program. If you are unfamiliar with Toms, then let me tell you a little about them. Every time you buy a pair for yourself, they send a pair of shoes to children in need them all over the world. So with my new shoes, someone who really needs a pair will get one too. I think its a great cause and I am glad to participate. So sometime soon, I'm going to order a pair and from what I hear, I will be pleased not only to help provide shoes for someone else, but that they are comfy and last.  I believe these are the ones I will order. The reason I haven't order yet, is Kolby's birthday is coming and I want to see if he wants some too. I'm pretty sure these are the ones I'm going to get.
Cute, casual, and vegan. Perfect!

Also, on April 5th, to promote awareness of how important shoes are, don't wear yours all day! I'm not sure how realistic this is for me because I can guarantee you that if I showed up to work with no shoes, my boss, customers, and my feet would be unhappy. (Maybe I'll be barefoot all day and just wear Toms at work..?)  But If I have the day off, I might just enjoy a day with no shoes at all. Learn more about One Day Without Shoes here or watch a short video from last years.

No comments:

Post a Comment